Hi friends! If you’re anything like me you LOVE chipotle, but HATE the calories and cost. This week for a good meal-prep, I created these yummy Chipotle-style quinoa bowls. They’re super easy and made with “pantry” ingredients–something I like to do to keep costs down while prepping meals.
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked as directed
- 1/2 container cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 avocados (we save the extra avocado for avocado toast the next morning)
- Lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- Trim the Chicken breasts, butterfly cut, and place into zipblock freezer bag
- Combine spices into the bag, toss with the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes on 350.
- Meanwhile, pit and slice avocado. I cut my slices into smaller bits to mix in the quinoa.
- Mix quinoa, tomato, and avocado together.
& You’re ready to serve! Mine created 5 meals, separated out for Scott and I for lunches. Serve garnished with your favorite toppings! I went for just cheese, but you could easily add sour cream, salsa, or even a spicy hot sauce to this easy recipe.